The Bibb County Sheriff Office is Investigating several commercial burglaries that occurred overnight on January 24, 2020. The locations that were reported burglarized are as follows:
1) Bike Tech located at 3003 Vineville Ave., entry into the business was made through a back wall of the business. Items taken during this incident include currency and a GT style Mountain Bike. At this time there is no suspect information available.
2) Total Comfort Cooling and Cooling LLC located at 4321 Interstate Drive, entry was made through a back door that was pried open. Items taken during this incident include tools. It was reported that deputies responded to an alarm call at this location and when they arrived on scene, they made contact with a male subject that was exiting this location. The subject jumped into a vehicle and fled. After a brief chase the suspect wrecked the vehicle on Harrison road and fled on foot before deputies could make contact with him. The vehicle and tools were recovered and returned to the owner. The suspect was described as a white male wearing dark colored clothing and a baseball cap.
3) Subway located at 3045 Hartley Bridge Road, entry was made through a broken window. It was reported that deputies responded to an alarm call and when they arrived the suspects were not on scene. It was reported that three suspects were seen on surveillance entering the business through the broken glass. The suspects did take an undisclosed amount of currency from the register. All three suspects were described as wearing all dark clothing, gloves and wire masks covering their faces.
4) Boost Mobile located at 1433 Eisenhower Parkway, it was reported that deputies responded to an alarm call and when they arrived the suspect had already left the scene. It was reported that it is unknown what was taken. Investigators are still waiting on an inventory from the business.
5) Family Dollar located 4007 Northside Drive, entry was made through the front door that was pried open. It was reported that deputies responded to an alarm call and when they arrived the suspect was not on the scene. It was reported that currency from the store safe, cigarettes, cigars and a single extension cord was taken during this incident.
At this time all incidents are still under investigation. At this time it does not appear that these incidents are related.
Investigators are asking for anyone with information in reference to these incident is urged to contact the Bibb Sheriff’s Office at 478-751 -7500 or the Macon Regional Crimestoppers at 1-877-68CRIME.