The official Social Media pages of the Bibb County Sheriff’s Office include Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube. These sites are intended to serve as a mechanism for communication between the public and the Bibb County Sheriff’s Office on the listed topics and are designated as a Limited Public Forum to further the mission of the department.
- Profanity, offensive language, intimidating language, hate speech, vulgar or sexual content
- Discriminatory language or promotes discrimination based on race, color, creed, age, gender, religion, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation
- Commercial solicitations, solicitations, self-promotion, or links, off-site links, business or commercial transactions, political campaigning, promoting or opposing any person campaigning for election to a political office
- Links to websites which may be offensive or inappropriate
- Verbal attacks, harassing comments, personal attacks, or not respectfully interacting with others on the page
- Personal identifying information or a victim’s name, which is not subject to being released under open record laws
- Words that incite, encourage or solicit violent or illegal acts
- Language that is off-topic, including personal attacks, comments must relate to the matter originally posted
- Information that might compromise the safety and security of members of the department or the public
- Information that violates the legal ownership or interest of another party or infringes on copyrights, trademarks or intellectual property
The Bibb County Sheriff’s Office is not responsible for any postings or comments deemed inappropriate that cannot be removed in a timely fashion.
“Following” or “Friending” persons, a business or an organization is not an endorsement by the Bibb County Sheriff’s Office. Instead, it is only intended as a means of communication.
Bibb County Sheriff’s Office Social Media sites should not be used to report a crime. In case of an emergency, please call 9-1-1. If you post information about a crime, you may become a witness and subject to being subpoenaed for court proceedings. If you wish to remain anonymous and report a crime, you can call Macon Regional Crimestoppers at 1-877-68CRIME.